Reports to: Senior Application Developer
Location: National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Denver Office
Performs application development for NCBA, and its partner organizations, affiliates and Federation of State Beef Council programs and initiatives. Performs development activities in conformance with established NCBA and industry standards. Ensures adequate application and technical security and safeguards are in place to protect the systems, information and assets of the Association and its stakeholders. Actively promotes the State\National partnership through the NCBA State Affiliate\ Federation of State Beef Councils Technical Support Outreach Program.
• Development responsibilities include the full spectrum of the software development life cycle
a. specifications gathering and analysis
b. application architecture including object modeling, data schema and programming logic
c. writing, customizing and modifying existing code
d. unit and system level testing on applications
e. debugging, and documenting software
f. ensuring all aspects of the application\project are adequately secured
g. conducting relative application training and knowledge transfer for other IT support staff and
• Coordinates with other application developers and technical and program staff to ensure
compatibility of existing and proposed applications with existing software.
• Remains informed and trained in advances in all aspects of application development.
• Proactively seeks innovative solutions to problems.
• Effectively communicates with team members, program staff and management to ensure that
technical solutions meet business requirements.
• Executes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Candidates MUST have 4-6 years professional development experience of the following:
• C#, ASP.NET, .NET framework 2.0-4.0, Visual Studio 2008-2013
• SQL Server 2005-2012 (TSQL and Administration tasks such as backup and recovery,
security, installation, configuration, and performance tuning)
• Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications.
• Object-oriented design experience
• Knowledge of webserver configuration and IIS setups
• Team player with strong business aptitude and work ethic, excellent communication skills and
desire for continuous learning.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Information Systems area is required. You must also possess excellent customer service skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks. The person in this position should also be capable of performing effectively in a team, or alone and unsupervised.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com