Associate Director, Market Research
Associate Director, Market Research
Location: National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, Denver Office
Reports to: Director, Market Research
The Associate Director, Market Research, will assist in the development and execution of the market research programs supporting the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association’s Planning and Market Research Department. This includes research conducted for client departments across the organization, including Integrated Communications/PR, Science and Product Solutions, and Issues Management.
Objectives include supporting efforts to better define the needs of beef’s target audience, enhancing programs through targeted research, monitoring trends in consumption, seeking out opportunities and noting challenges to consumer demand for beef. This responsibility requires direct interactions with professional staff from State Beef Councils, suppliers, industry partners as well as industry committees, made up of producer leadership.
Research – Core Responsibilities
• Work with the market research team to manage market research projects, from start to finish,
in support of key industry strategies and programs. Depending on the size and scope of the
project, the Associate Director will play in a lead role, or backup role on multiple projects, at
any given time.
• Assist in the management of primary research projects, qualitative and quantitative, from
development of research objectives to results and recommendations.
• Assist in vendor selection and then oversee research execution, including instrument
development, sample and stimulus development, field management, data analysis, reporting,
timing and costs.
• As needed, supplement vendor data analysis, insight discovery and report development.
Research – Internal Client Management
• Establish close working relationships with internal market research clients to ensure ongoing
engagement and updating throughout the research process
• Ability to coordinate and manage multiple internal clients, facilitate productive discussion and
provide guidance to ensure focus on key research objectives and outcomes is maintained
Research – Data Mining
• Evaluate secondary/syndicated research in support of industry objectives and development of
primary research projects.
• Develop ongoing updates and reports based on secondary/syndicated research utilizing creative
methods and timely approaches to analysis and dissemination.
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all market research projects
conducted by NCBA, in terms of both methodology and results.
• Assemble reports on selected topics, using insights from both secondary sources, plus the
team’s historical database of completed reports.
• Excellent at both written and oral presentations. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Able to define key insights for a range of audiences, from research savvy to interested but non-
• Collaborative self-starter, able to assess need for communication with internal team members
versus reality of hitting key deadlines.
• Work closely with other teams across the organization to ensure market research knowledge is
being shared across all relevant departments.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
• An advanced degree in market research, marketing, business or related area with at least five
years custom market research experience in the private or public sector. Since the majority of
projects conducted are quantitative in nature, a strong understanding of statistical sciences is
• This individual must have a strong background in working within a multi-disciplinary market
research department; an in-depth knowledge of the application and interpretation of basic
research methods and techniques to the resolution of practical problems of importance to the
• A desire to conduct studies using a range of methodologies. Some small in-house studies are
conducted using phone surveys, surveymonkey or Google Consumer Surveys, and are
reported in PowerPoint. More typically, a turnkey outside vendor conducts the research, and
responsibilities are focused on facilitation and quality control.
• Both client and vendor side experience is desirable.
• Experience in the food and/or agricultural industry is highly desirable.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and collaborative skills as well as organizational
and multi-tasking/time management skills.
• The ability to work with a variety of people and personalities. Individual must be an ambitious
self-starter who is motivated to achieve, displays initiative, and loves conducting high quality
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org