Disaster Relief Resources

NCBA is sending prayers to all of the folks and livestock facing natural disasters. To help with the relief efforts, please see below:

A relief fund has been established by the Oklahoma Cattlemen's Foundation to help cattlemen who have been affected by on-going wildfires in western Oklahoma.

You may donate to this relief effort by mail or online. Make checks payable to Oklahoma Cattlemen's Foundation, with "Fire Relief" in the memo line and send to P.O. Box 82395., Oklahoma City, OK 73148.

Donate Online

The Oklahoma Farming and Ranching Foundation is accepting donations to help aid in fire relief efforts for those affected by the recent wildfires in western Oklahoma. 

Donate Now

Hay Donations

If you are interested in donating hay, please call:
(405) 496-9329
(405) 397-7912
(405) 590-0106

Hay Needed

If you have been impacted by the recent wildfires in Woodward County, Dewey County, Roger Mills County, Woods County or Custer County and are in need of hay, please call:
(405) 496-9329
(405) 397-7912
(405) 590-0106

Orphaned Calf Relief

Orphaned Calf Relief of southwest Kansas was in the Woodward area on Sunday afternoon to pick up orphaned calves from producers who may have lost cows. The calves will be returned to the producer at no cost. If you are interested in this service, please call (405) 590-0106 as soon as possible.

Blizzard Recovery Assistance

USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers disaster assistance and low-interest loan programs to assist agricultural producers in their recovery efforts following blizzards or other qualifying natural disasters.
Available programs and loans include:

  • Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) - provides financial assistance to producers of non-insurable crops when low yields, loss of inventory, or prevented planting occur due to natural disasters including freeze, excessive wind and moisture. Eligible producers must have purchased NAP coverage for 2018 crops. A notice of loss must be filed within 15 calendar days of when the loss is apparent or 15 calendar days after the normal harvest date.
  • Tree Assistance Program (TAP) – provides assistance to eligible orchardists and nursery tree growers for qualifying tree, shrub and vine losses due to natural disasters including excessive wind and qualifying drought.
  • Emergency Loan Program – available to producers with agriculture operations located in a county under a primary or contiguous Presidential or Secretarial disaster designation. These low interest loans help producers recover from production and physical losses.
  • Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) - provides emergency funding for farmers and ranchers to rehabilitate land severely damaged by natural disasters; includes fence loss.
  • HayNet - is an Internet-based Hay and Grazing Net Ad Service allowing farmers and ranchers to share ‘Need Hay’ ads and ‘Have Hay’ ads online. Farmers also can use another feature to post advertisements for grazing land, specifically ads announcing the availability of grazing land or ads requesting a need for land to graze. www.fsa.usda.gov/haynet.

For more information on these programs, visit www.fsa.usda.gov/disaster or contact your local FSA office.

General Assistance
Both the Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) and Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP) are administered by your local FSA office, please contact them for assistance with this programs.

LIP: Provides benefits to livestock producers for livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by eligible loss conditions, including eligible adverse weather, eligible disease and eligible attacks (attacks by animals reintroduced into the wild by the federal government or protected by federal law, including wolves and avian predators). LIP payments are equal to 75 percent of the market value of the applicable livestock on the day before the date of death of the livestock as determined by the Secretary.

More Info

ELAP: Provides financial assistance to eligible producers of livestock, honeybees and farm-raised fish for losses due to disease, certain adverse weather events or loss conditions, including blizzards and wildfires, as determined by the Secretary. ELAP assistance is provided for losses not covered by other disaster assistance programs authorized by the 2014 Farm Bill, such as losses not covered by the Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) and the Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP).

More Info


"As individuals, we have limited resources...

...to aid in keeping the "wolves" such as government, environmental and radical groups, off of our door steps. NCBA is there every day protecting our industry."

Become a Member

Mark Spurgin
Nebraska Rancher