Location: National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Washington D.C. Office
Reports To: Vice President, Government Affairs
Represents NCBA’s membership in environmental, water, air, sustainability, and related matters consistent with NCBA policy and priorities. In addition, this position will develop and maintain contact and liaison with key agency staff that influence these issues. Serves as NCBA’s lobbyist on these issues and works with the Government Affairs team to develop and implement overall NCBA political strategy.
• Serves as Staff Director for NCBA’s Property Rights and Environmental Management
• Provides necessary staff support, coordination, and expertise to NCBA’s Environmental
• Serves as primary staff liaison to NCBA membership, affiliates, staff, Congress, the Executive
Branch, agencies, special interest groups, and the public regarding private property rights and
• Coordinates the work of staff, counsel, technical advisors, etc., on private property rights and
• Develops strategies with Vice President, Government Affairs, and implements action to achieve
NCBA policy directives or special projects.
• Serves on team to provide counsel and input to NCBA’s sustainability strategy
• Provides direction and supervision to the Manager, Environmental Affairs regarding
environmental and conservation issues.
• Works with the Public Lands Council on property rights, environmental, and Endangered
Species Act issues.
• Travels, speaks, and represents NCBA as directed.
• Contributes to NCBA news publications along with outside news publications as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a law degree and admittance to the bar. Congressional or Administration experience is preferred. A background in agriculture is desired. This professional must have exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent organization and analytical skills, and a working commitment to our organization’s values. Travel will be required.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com.