NCBA has closed the application period for the spring and summer 2014 semesters and is in the processes of reviewing applications. The date for the Fall 2014 semester and application deadline will be posted soon
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
Public Policy Internship
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) is the nation’s oldest and largest national organization representing America’s cattle farmers and ranchers. NCBA is producer directed and consumer focused, which creates a unique opportunity to unify policy and marketing efforts for the beef industry.
The NCBA government affairs office in Washington, D.C., offers internships fall, spring and summer semesters in conjunction with the Public Lands Council (PLC). NCBA and PLC offer a unique internship for students interested in the beef industry and federal policy. Interns will have the opportunity to engage with NCBA and PLC staff on several fronts including policy, communications and membership. Interns will work closely with the lobbying and regulatory teams to advance policies important to the beef industry.
Position: Public Policy Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours: 40 hours per week
This position offers a $1000 per month stipend. In addition, NCBA will provide for students commute on the bus or metro system.
Applicants should be a junior or senior undergraduate student or a graduate student. A background or major in agriculture is preferred. Excellent research, writing and communication skills desired.
- Agriculture major preferred
- Must be available for the duration of internship
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 grade point average
- Preferably have a background in (or working knowledge of) the cattle and/or beef industry
- Complete Student Internship Application
- College transcripts (must be emailed with application, official or unofficial transcript accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation
- All application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.