How to Apply - Convention Internship
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
2016 Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show Internship
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) is the nation’s oldest and largest national organization representing America’s cattle farmers and ranchers. NCBA is producer directed and consumer focused, which creates a unique opportunity to unify policy and marketing efforts for the beef industry.
NCBA is seeking students that meet our qualifications (see below). The 2016 applications will be available Sept. 1-Oct. 5, 2015.
Position: Cattle Industry Convention Intern
Location: San Diego, CA
Time Period: Jan. 27-30, 2016
Intern General Responsibilities:
- Students will be assigned to help many different NCBA staff members with a variety of meetings and events at the convention and trade show. NCBA staff members will direct students in specific duties at meetings and events.
- Students should be prepared for a wide range of responsibilities, including distribution of handouts, copying materials, overseeing committee meeting sign-in, setting up the PAC Silent Auction, working the NCBA booth, helping with youth contests and other general duties as required.
- Students will assist with meeting the needs of attendees with the help of NCBA staff members. One of NCBA’s goals is to ensure the comfort of attendees at the convention and trade show.
- Minimum Junior-level college student at an accredited university at time of application (Senior-level and graduate students are encouraged to apply.)
- Must be available to work (generally) January 27-30, 2016 in San Diego, CA.
- Preferably have a background in (or working knowledge of) the cattle and/or beef industry
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completed Student Internship Application
- College transcripts (must be emailed with application, official or unofficial transcript accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation
- All application materials must be submitted to ncba.hyrell.com
The Convention Intern Program provides an excellent opportunity to network with people throughout the beef industry. NCBA strives to provide time for students to maximize their industry network.