Manager, Health Communications Outreach
Manager, Health Communications Outreach
Location: National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Denver Office
Reports to: Director, Outreach and Engagement
Do you have a passion for health and wellness and the role food, nutrition and fitness play in our lives? Are you a people person? Do you thrive off of building relationships and creating bonds? Are you able to understand what makes other people tick and offer solutions to meet their needs? The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) is looking for someone like you to engage with health and fitness professionals through online sharing, relationship building and educational experiences. Candidates should have a background in nutrition and fitness, strong communication skills and attention to detail.
The Manager, Health Communications Outreach extends beef nutrition and culinary resources to health and fitness professionals and bloggers through in-person and online engagement, targeted immersion experiences and outreach tools, ultimately providing increased visibility for beef and its benefits among this important audience.
• Communicates beef’s story to health professionals and bloggers through ongoing relationships,
social media outreach, speaking engagements, immersion experiences, e-mail newsletters and
• Monitors, identifies and engages with health and fitness professionals and bloggers in addition to
their online communities by forming new connections and nurturing existing relationships.
• Conducts outreach and executes education programs geared toward health and fitness
professionals and bloggers.
• Manages speaker bureau program, including relationship building with speakers, topic
development and marketing and state beef council support.
• Stays abreast of new technologies and tools for communicating with nutrition experts and
bloggers as well as trending topics among these important audiences.
• Supports Integrated Communications team, and organization as necessary, by providing
nutrition insights, technical support and expertise to organizational objectives.
• Supports Director, Outreach and Engagement in planning and executing tactics reaching health
and fitness professionals and bloggers.
• Responds in a timely manner to information requests received from NCBA staff, state beef
council and state cattle association staff, and industry stakeholder organizations.
• Stays current with food and nutrition trends and identifies implications for programs.
• Proactively adjusts plans to improve outcomes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree at minimum and be a credentialed health or fitness professional, RD preferred, with experience including:
• Ability to understand scientific information and translate such information into digestible content
for varying audiences.
• Passion for online technology and social media platforms. Current blogger a plus.
• Work with the health professional community or in a fitness facility.
Ideal candidate will also have 2-5 years of beef or food industry experience, as well as some experience with marketing, PR and/or other communications. Candidate must demonstrate excellent writing, management, planning, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. He/she must have a foodie heart. Work assignments are varied and across the board. She/he should be able to perform well under intense pressure or periodic heavy workloads. Proactively collaborates with internal teams and state partners. Must have honed presentation and communications skills and have a passion for working for America’s farmers and ranchers. Follow all applicable USDA guidelines associated with the development and dissemination of content. The position requires travel approximately 2-3 times per month. This individual will be evaluated on the results of work performed and his or her contributions to the department’s and organization’s success.
To Apply: Send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.