Manager of Web Content
Reports to: Associate Director, Membership Publications
Location: Denver Office
Primary responsibilities include the development of content for NCBA’s multiple communications platforms including web, print, social media and television. Manages content for BeefUSA website and contributes to other NCBA communications efforts. Successful candidate must be able to manage multiple, competing deadlines, be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision at times. Candidates should be willing and able to manage large-scale client relationships. Some travel is required in this position and at times may be extensive.
- Provides high-quality communications across multiple platforms including print, web and television;
- Develops, edits and posts material daily or as needed, in cooperation with communications staff and other departments, to website and other electronic communications vehicles utilizing best web practices;
- Provides website support to NCBA staff and others as needed;
- Generates social media messaging, electronic newsletters and other content, ensuring consistent messaging and appearance;
- Serve as primary point of contact for website content;
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with IT team members and web development team on all aspects of web and electronic media;
- Ensures content, web pages and messages maintain the highest level of quality and consistency;
- Generates, collects and reports on web traffic statistics and analytics to relevant programs. Utilize data to make updates and add relevant content to website;
- Apply visual design skills that demonstrate an understanding and proficiency implementing appropriate fonts, colors and layout for professional web communications;
- Work to ensure messages are consistent among multiple platforms including print, web and broadcast. Work to find opportunities for convergence among platforms as much as possible; and
- Utilize new technology and communication tools to keep websites current and useful as a tool for disseminating NCBA information.
Bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications or web-design is preferred, but may be substituted with other relevant course of study or experience. At least two years experience preferred organizing and creating web content and applying principles of web navigation and functionality. Entry level will be considered if candidate has strong web, technology, writing and editing skills and experience. Position requires an agricultural background in addition to strong writing and editing skills. Understanding of the cattle industry is a plus.
Qualified candidates should possess strong project management skills and customer service ability. Strong working knowledge of content management systems, native HTML and HTML editing applications is essential. Demonstrated proficiency in Web and graphic design tools and technologies such as applications in the Adobe Creative Suite is required. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft's suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat and PDF technology is required.
Please submit salary history, cover letter and resume to email@example.com.