Beef Quality Assurance Program
Beef Quality Assurance is a national program that raises consumer confidence through offering proper management techniques and a commitment to quality within every segment of the beef industry.
BQA – Antibiotic Stewardship for Beef Producers
The Beef Quality Assurance program is rooted in a cattleman’s belief of doing the right thing. The judicious use of antibiotic technologies is no exception to the goal of producing high quality, wholesome, and healthy beef. BQA guidelines are designed to make certain all beef consumers can take pride in what they purchase – and can trust and have confidence in the entire beef industry.
What Should Cattle Producers Expect from Their Vet?
Learn about the importance of the veterinary-client-patient relationship (VCPR) and what you can expect from your vet come Jan. 1., 2017 with the new Veterinary Feed Directive and changing antibiotic regulations from the December 2016 edition of the National Cattlemen's.
Read The article
Veterinary Feed Directive: You have questions? We have answers!
With Jan. 1 less than two months away, it is important that producers understand what is coming down the line from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) concerning the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD). NCBA has been working to provide educational opportunities and resources in order for producers to be well informed about the regulations and requirements regarding VFD.
Read The article
Veterinary Feed Directive Module
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- describe the need for antibiotic stewardship in regard to antibiotic resistance;
- understand the FDA's regulatory oversight of animal drugs;
- describe the Federally-defined key elements of a lawful veterinarian-client-patient relationship;
- recognize the classes and uses of antibiotics requiring a VFD;
- describe the components of a complete VFD;
- understand the recordkeeping requirements associated with a VFD;
- apply expiration date and duration of use guidelines to a VFD; and
- locate additional resources related to VFDs.
Complete the Module
Webinar: Don't Get Caught Off Guard - Preparing For Changing Antibiotic Regulations
Webinar: Preparing Cattlemen for Changing Antibiotic Use Regulations