AABP Guidelines– Drug Use Guidelines for Bovine Practice
AABP / AVMA Judicious Therapeutic Use of Antimicrobials in Cattle
Antimicrobial Resistance Research
The Food Dialogues– Antibiotics
The Food Dialogues– There Are No Antibiotics in Your Meat. Now Stop.
Veterinary Feed Directive Module
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- describe the need for antibiotic stewardship in regard to antibiotic resistance;
- understand the FDA's regulatory oversight of animal drugs;
- describe the Federally-defined key elements of a lawful veterinarian-client-patient relationship;
- recognize the classes and uses of antibiotics requiring a VFD;
- describe the components of a complete VFD;
- understand the recordkeeping requirements associated with a VFD;
- apply expiration date and duration of use guidelines to a VFD; and
- locate additional resources related to VFDs.
Complete the Module