Attractions Around Denver and the 16th Street Mall
At the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center you’re staying in the heart of it all! You can find everything you’re looking for on Denver's 16th Street mall - where a 12-block pedestrian walkway houses the best in shopping, dining, and entertainment, with complimentary shuttles for added convenience.
The hotel is also only blocks away from Colorado’s State Capitol, directly across the street from the Colorado Convention Center, and minutes from Coors Field - home of the Colorado Rockies and the Pepsi Center - home of the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche. Over in beautiful Cherry Creek North, stroll through the beautiful Denver Botanic Gardens, shop the local boutiques or spend the evening watching the “stars” at the Buell Theater. Click here for links to many of the other attractions available during your visit to Denver.
- Denver is one of only two cities in America with eight professional sports teams.
- A round brass cap embedded in the western entrance stairs of the Colorado State Capitol marks the spot where the exact elevation of 5,280 feet (1 mile) above sea level.
- Fittingly enough, the first permanent structure in Denver was a saloon.
- Despite being warned by Indians not to build there, early settlers did not listen. In its first few years, Denver was destroyed twice; once by fire and once by flood.
- Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Denver is close to everything you’re looking for.